Monday 5 October 2009

Magazine Prelimiary Task: (Oct 5th 2009:)


This task was to make a magazine front cover having a reference to the lutterworth college. The way I started this project was to look at previous magazines covers and generate and adapt ideas to form it into a plan layout of our magazine cover.


Looking through the examples on paper me and my partner sketched out a mind map of where the main aspects need to go and also I know what they mean and that I understand what i'm doing, as I went along with the project, the more confidence I grew upon.


After the planning I had to take a photo of the main aspect Worth-out this i cannot create a successful magazine as the photo is the main focus on the subject. We took a photo of a student in our media class (Emily), we took the photo against a green so it was easy to edit from and also makes it look more professional.
With the photo i worked on a program that I've only been on a couple of times before named photoshop. Using different effects such as light contrast and making the photo more professional we cutted out just the student and placed it onto our final design, we did not fully cover the page as it wouldn't be suitable working from and would make it harder.

When this was done all we needed was a background and some sentences of persuading texts to show what the photo was about. We named our magazine "The Echo" we named it this cause it's different. We also came up with a good subheading aswel "your the voice we're the echo" to grab peoples attention.
Our main dilemma was to sell the magazine about the uniform and what students think of the new post 16 life in lutterworth college. With two eye-catching answers and questions we managed to work our way of sorting out the best and suitable one.
We used a bright background for this to make the picture stand out as most of her clothes where a dim and dark mixture of colours and also we used a contrast of colours "white and pink".

We made the texts black and pink so they are clear and easy to read from and used a type of posh font to make the magazine professional and formal which makes it successful.

Overall I've enjoyed this experiment of this project and also it gives me more understanding and confidence that i know what to do and overcome this type of problem, and i enjoyed working with my partner as he gave me more ideas and advice to adapt and work better on next time. Next time how i can make it better is to make 2-3 plans of magazines and then take ideas from them and make into a final one but I'm happy with my finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment